Cool. Stinke- you on some sort of Doctor Who kick, now? With the new series being out, I realized what a geek I still am for this show (all the way back to the 60's). If anyone hasn't watched the new series (on SCI FI or P2P client), you should. It's decent and you don't need to have been a Doctor Who freak like me to get it.
I still prefer the 3rd version of the theme and opening from the 70's (Tom Baker)- the one with the blue and greenish tunnel and diamond shaped logo. It was kinda spooky, but a little whimsical and infinite. The version they are working on in this clip is the fourth (Peter Davidson / Colin Baker 80's era).
Also loved that ARP synth with knobs and faders. Reminds be of the one used to tool around with every day after Junior high school. Jeah!
I went to a convention too. Prob the mid 80's in the basement of some former hotel or something on Market, I can't quite remember where- I didn't know the city that well back then. Leela was there. I think I still have my Doctor Who technical manual I bought there with schematics and diagrams of the TARDIS, K-9 and Daleks. I tried to build a K-9 with a docked / built-in Atari 800XL. Damn that shit is still hot.
Cool.
Stinke- you on some sort of Doctor Who kick, now? With the new series being out, I realized what a geek I still am for this show (all the way back to the 60's). If anyone hasn't watched the new series (on SCI FI or P2P client), you should.
It's decent and you don't need to have been a Doctor Who freak like me to get it.
I still prefer the 3rd version of the theme and opening from the 70's (Tom Baker)- the one with the blue and greenish tunnel and diamond shaped logo. It was kinda spooky, but a little whimsical and infinite. The version they are working on in this clip is the fourth (Peter Davidson / Colin Baker 80's era).
Also loved that ARP synth with knobs and faders. Reminds be of the one used to tool around with every day after Junior high school. Jeah!
yea, i've been watching the new series man. about 3 or 4 eps in from sci-fi channel.
i'm a huge dr who fan. grew up watching it, went to a convention once when i was younger.
but i actually have a vst of the arp oddyssey synth used in that video. it's called "oddity".
how hardcore am i if i rebuild the theme from scratch?? MWA HAHAHA
I went to a convention too. Prob the mid 80's in the basement of some former hotel or something on Market, I can't quite remember where- I didn't know the city that well back then. Leela was there. I think I still have my Doctor Who technical manual I bought there with schematics and diagrams of the TARDIS, K-9 and Daleks. I tried to build a K-9 with a docked / built-in Atari 800XL. Damn that shit is still hot.