Philly UHF ID 1979

Author: Gtown Monkey



Does this mean anything, to anyone?

 

7 Responses to “Philly UHF ID 1979”

  1. doktorbrown

    something from channel 17, 29, or 48?


  2. doktorbrown

    More philly TV:
    17 WPHL(ultraman and speed racer)

    29 WTAFdamn near everything else

    48 WKBS ( I seem to recall some freaked out horror movies on sunday afternoon on this channel)


    or maybe it was on the Channel 48 replacement 57 WGBS. I think G.I. Joe was on this one.



    Now does anyone remember any of these? (they all freaked me the fuck out as a kid):

    Captain Noah Creepy

    Al AlbertsReminds me of the old guys at church who smelled like old spice and drove Cadillacs.

    Al Alberts with a promo for Larry Ferrari at 2:00 I didn't know that Klinger played the Hammond


    And finally if you haven't killed yourself yet, I'll close with the one guy who kicked all of their asses....
    Chief Halftown.


  3. Gtown Monkey

    Remember ALL that shit.
    I found Capt Kangaroo more
    disturbing than down home South Philly's
    Capt Noah- though Noah ever so often
    would take on a slightly christian vibe.

    Snipets was from channel 48 WKBS
    (long faded into the UHF static ether)

    Sort of funny as a year from now
    UHF (and VHF) wil be a memory.
    I hear the cellular providers will
    be getting some of that bandwidth.


  4. Ockshun Jockson

    omg...captain fucking noah! was that just some philly shit? hahaha. what a blast from the past.

    it was either channel 48 or 57 that for a little bit would run kung-fu flicks on sundays in 3-d! you could go down to the 7-11 and pickup the glasses.


  5. doktorbrown

    shit blogger ate my html again.....the Chief Halftown link should work thusly


    Yeah I remember watching The Five Deadly Venoms on more than one occassion


  6. cleveland browsie

    http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/screen.php?m=xxfullxx

    has full commercial breaks from 70's and 80's chicago television.

    reminds me of that time we were watching knight rider tapes, gtown.


  7. Gtown Monkey

    think I still have that... somewhere.

    The Gtown archive is much more organized these days. In fact I just found a mix that the Doc and I did at 'the Cabin' that is a bit choppy, but quite amusing.

    As I have a surplus of time, I'll post tidbits.


Leave a Reply