Number Stations: The Re/Max
Author: Ockshun Jockson
Came across a link to the entire Conet Project (4 discs):
http://irdial.hyperreal.org/the%20conet%20project/
I got around downloading each song track-by-track by opening my ftp program and putting the above url in. It logged me right in and I was able to download the folders.
So the other nite when I was going through some old audio files I came across a song I did in 96' called, "Transient Groove" that samples some number station stuff. Here it it:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/56727685ebb06d/
Crazy shit.... I'm digging it & the use of the sample. But I've got baaaaad connotations for that sound effect. A friend of mine used the same Conet sample in his deeply creepy short film (recently presented as part of the annual Pixl This festival, featuring films shot on the Fisher Price Pixl camera -- you know, with the bitty graphix and the cassette tape cartridge.)
The whole movie isn't anyplace online, but here's the trailer via YouTube. (NSFW, Not Safe For Work. Or possibly, anywhere.)
The Disassembly Line.
dude, the pxl-2000? i loved that thing! i think i still have mine. that was amazing tech, man. i hope they still make similiar cool gadgets for all the new youts.