Are You Down and from The Town?
Author: Ockshun Jockson
Here's the spot i lived in when I was in Oakland. They kicked us all out cause they wanted to make the entire thing condo-ized. Now they have this fancy shmancy website. Check it:
http://www.1920union.com/
I have a friend who opted to buy their unit so they're still there. And they emailed us the other day and mentioned how they came outside and found a dog locked in the back seat of their car. They have no idea how the dog got in the car. There was no forced entry and nothing was taken.
THE TOWN
FYI heads call San Francisco THE CITY. Josiah simply calls it, "Gay".
something about it makes me queasy.
also i don't understand why yuppies would want to live in such a sketch ass hood.
ditto. I found the pics of the "Disneyized" parts of Oakland included in their gallery particularly silly.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that part of town
far from that neighborhood. BTW- I don't think Germantown will ever completely gentrify.