STOP THE PRESSES! (Vicki Vale)...Important Announcement!
Author: Ockshun Jockson
I think a lot of the fun of the blog is how we each have the power to edit it and customize it by changing the blog title or adding pictures, etc. Unfortunately, Blogger.com (where we are hosted) is pretty tight-assed on the customizations they provide. So I embarked on a little experiment...
I've used WordPress, Blogger's competitor, before on sites for clients. It's hands-down the best blogging software on the market.
As a test, I made an account and imported all of our posts and comments:
Check out the Worpress JawnDot in its default state
Right away you should notice a few things: a handy search option, better sorting abilities, etc. Behind the scenes Wordpress has a huge community of modders and coders so it is extremely easy to trick a Wordpress site out with new graphics/layouts and all kinds of cool gadgets.
So the question is this: Would you guys (and ladies) be interested in moving over to Wordpress? Chime in. Also I can answer questions and stuff.
-OCK/SHUN
well i'm for moving over to it. just being able to follow the comment feed alone makes it worthwhile, not to mention the better archive management and search.
what do we all need to do to migrate?
we would just have to set up new user names and it would be business as usual.
i would need to send out invites via email however to get everyone situated on the blog. similar to how we did here.
I agree with Trace... if the comment feed is unique to WordPress, that's the real attraction as it answers Brow's recurring beef about old conversations going dead before he has a chance to respond. (And, besides, this blogger shit is looking increasingly broke-ass no matter what browser I use -- stuff that works on one doesn't work on another, and vice versa.)
And with only 20 members, much less than half of which who seem to be "active" lately, it's probably not gonna be too much of a pain to move it on up (move it on up) to that dee-luxe apartment in the skyyyyyyy.
here here...
I'm down.
go to www.wordpress.com and sign up for a username.
email me or gtown monkey the email address associated with your username and we will add you to the new blog.
if you do not know my email address or monkey's, reply here and we will sort it out.
comment feed is the shit. LET'S DO THIS!
G town or Ockshun -- I'm signed up at wordpress but haven't got the invite... can someone email me?