Yeah... I dunno... It's hard to imagine any of the other candidates inspiring this kind of artistic response (and the McCain parody version is partly fueled by that). On the other hand, I find it vaguely creepy. Isn't this the kind of mythmaking saint-worship that America usually reserves for leaders who've been shot down in their prime?
Well, I've never heard of this Barack Obama fellow, but lucky for him I always vote with Tatiana Ali and that deaf chick from Seinfeld. At least now I finally understand all of the feel-good comparisons to JFK!
Seriously though, why the hell would you sing along with Barack Obama?? Is everything now open to audiotastic interpolations? Can I just sing along with the BK Value Menu, 'cause I really believe in that too…
"Wha-pah Jooooo-ni-yah! Hold the! Hold the! Hold the!…
I say hooooolllllllld the… PIIIIIIICCKKKKK-lllez-ah!"
But for the real old school Kennedy groove, you've got to get down with Senator RFK doing the "Wild Thing..." Some kind soul posted the whole album of political tunes, called Boston Soul -- the rar file is over here at rapidshare.
"Okay, Teddy on the ocarina... let's go!"
"Senator, could you watch the pronunciation of the word 'heart?'"
I happen to like Obama...
and I think this is rather well done,
but I find a hard time classifying it.
Yeah... I dunno... It's hard to imagine any of the other candidates inspiring this kind of artistic response (and the McCain parody version is partly fueled by that). On the other hand, I find it vaguely creepy. Isn't this the kind of mythmaking saint-worship that America usually reserves for leaders who've been shot down in their prime?
Maybe it's foreshadowing...
Well, I've never heard of this Barack Obama fellow, but lucky for him I always vote with Tatiana Ali and that deaf chick from Seinfeld. At least now I finally understand all of the feel-good comparisons to JFK!
Seriously though, why the hell would you sing along with Barack Obama?? Is everything now open to audiotastic interpolations? Can I just sing along with the BK Value Menu, 'cause I really believe in that too…
"Wha-pah Jooooo-ni-yah! Hold the! Hold the! Hold the!…
I say hooooolllllllld the… PIIIIIIICCKKKKK-lllez-ah!"
Wow, Count... that was.... interesting?
But for the real old school Kennedy groove, you've got to get down with Senator RFK doing the "Wild Thing..." Some kind soul posted the whole album of political tunes, called Boston Soul -- the rar file is over here at rapidshare.
"Okay, Teddy on the ocarina... let's go!"
"Senator, could you watch the pronunciation of the word 'heart?'"