That new car did look way cooler. I enjoyed Val Kilmer's (?) "cold-yet curious" delivery and the, occasional, arrogant tone... was pretty spot on.
I just remember watching the original 1982 pilot movie Knight of the Phoenix as a kid, (also on a winter Sunday night), thinking... a talking car? man, this is gonna suck... but then being pretty impressed with the story of a "wronged cop" who gets doublecrossed, left for dead and ultimately a new face and another chanceby a dying BIllionaire (played by Sci Fi regular Richard Basehart).
The best part of the New Knight Rider [NKR] for me was K.I.T.T. displaying the iconic 70's Crying Indian which the timing of, made me laugh (and prob shouldn't have)
The scene featuring "the Hoff" made the aging Michael Knight come off as kind of a creepy, neglectful, dirtbag of a father. His appearance and placein NKR story suggests that he account for all the "ports of call" he no doubt had in nearly every episode with all the ladies he met in his travels "fighting criminals who operate above the law". (funny story- I briefly dated a woman who played opposite "the Hoff" in episode of OKR series. It didn't end up working out, prob because I didn't fight crime or drive a talking firebird or trans-am)
At least "the Hoff" didn't drive off at the end in the 80's K.I.T.T. , which I was really expecting.
There was some mediocre CG at times, which felt guilty for noticing. To be fair, I do recall being impressed with a few shots and the fact that the super-speed driving didn't look like "undercranked" camera- it really did look like it was going that fast.
The tie in FORD COMMERCIALS where sort of a bold move, as much as I hate that sort of thing.
I didnt think the new was 100% horrible. Room to improve if it gets picked up.
Sure- not 100% horrible, but I can't say better.
That new car did look way cooler.
I enjoyed Val Kilmer's (?) "cold-yet curious"
delivery and the, occasional, arrogant tone...
was pretty spot on.
I just remember watching the original 1982 pilot
movie Knight of the Phoenix as a kid,
(also on a winter Sunday night), thinking...
a talking car? man, this is gonna suck...
but then being pretty impressed with the story
of a "wronged cop" who gets doublecrossed,
left for dead and ultimately a new face and
another chanceby a dying BIllionaire
(played by Sci Fi regular Richard Basehart).
The best part of the New Knight Rider [NKR]
for me was K.I.T.T. displaying the iconic
70's Crying Indian which the timing
of, made me laugh (and prob shouldn't have)
The scene featuring "the Hoff" made the aging Michael Knight come off as kind of a creepy, neglectful, dirtbag of a father. His appearance
and placein NKR story suggests that he account
for all the "ports of call" he no doubt had in
nearly every episode with all the ladies he met
in his travels "fighting criminals who operate
above the law". (funny story- I briefly dated a woman who played opposite "the Hoff" in
episode of OKR series. It didn't end up working
out, prob because I didn't fight crime or drive
a talking firebird or trans-am)
At least "the Hoff" didn't drive off at the end in
the 80's K.I.T.T. , which I was really expecting.
There was some mediocre CG at times, which
felt guilty for noticing. To be fair, I do
recall being impressed with a few shots and
the fact that the super-speed driving didn't
look like "undercranked" camera- it really did
look like it was going that fast.
The tie in FORD COMMERCIALS where sort
of a bold move, as much as I hate that sort of
thing.