Norristown Studios?

Author: Gtown Monkey

Local Film Producer Jeffrey Erb discusses
the planned production studios / sound stages
to be built in Norristown, PA. Ground is slated
to broken this spring and the facility is scheduled
to be completed in the Fall of 2009.

There is a competing facility planned for
Aston, PA. Groundbreaking for that
project is also slated for later this spring.

The question is...
Can this "continuing push" for major film projects
in the Delaware Valley (through tax incentives)
really support not only one, but two large
production facilities?

Philly.com Video Interview
other Philly.com article Interview

(Props to JOHNPAUL 215 for sending me the link to the interview)

 

2 Responses to “Norristown Studios?”

  1. Anonymous

    Thanks for the links, Gtown & JP…

    This is shaping an interesting time to be in Philly… hopefully a good time as well! While I'm looking forward to having more studio facilities here (hey, no more shooting at NJN & LightHouse?!), I'm skeptical of having 2 facilities essentially next door to each other. I wonder if there has been any communication between the 2 developers. Is this going to be a straight-up competition, with the loser shutting its doors, or can the 2 facilities "work together" for the benefit of the region?

    Also, why do I get this feeling that come 2009/10 we'll all be pulling cables in "Norristown Studios" t-shirts while NY & LA crew are getting the jobs? (I'm only half-joking here…)


  2. Gtown Monkey

    yeah, well said.

    I want a t-shirt anyway...
    cause I love tempting fate and
    the word "Norristown" would
    be funny looking on a t-shirt.

    Maybe we can change it to
    "ChuckNorristown"- then
    NOBODY, except maybe the French,
    with mess with us.

    If they both open, I feel like
    it will get really cheap to shoot
    at the "lesser one" and then it will
    quickly become a Costco or BJ's.
    Eitherway, it should
    work out in our favor.


Leave a Reply