Lovely Head

Author: Ink-Stained Wretch
 

3 Responses to “Lovely Head”

  1. Ockshun Jockson

    woah, woah, woah. ok, so, i really enjoyed this video. and it reminded me of a bjork video that took place underwater with some cellular organisms and such. so i hoped on youtube to track it down. while looking, i came upon this other bjork video that has her topless, boobies and everything, that i never saw before??

    boobies bjork

    so, um, that was interesting.

    it also reminded me of radiohead's pyramid song by the shynola design group. one of my fav videos evar.


  2. Ink-Stained Wretch

    Sweet. Though I do have to say, the nudity is handled is such a beautiful and weirdly innocent way that I feel kinda guilty for having clicked through primarily on the selling point of boobies. (And: Is she actually getting pierced in this, or is that a fake-on?)

    On the tip of fantastic videos that nobody ever saw, check out Iggy & Peaches in "KICK IT" goofing on the original Dawn of the Dead. This cracks me up every time I see it.... in a world there ain't nothin' left but the zombies and Iggy & Peaches.... feel bad for the zombies.


  3. Gtown Monkey

    Pretty Cool.
    I read the article and I'm a little
    confused as to why this required
    so much programming.
    When I was a crack After Effects kid, I discovered
    Motion Math functions which allowed you to map ANY value to ANY value. For example, beats from
    an audio track mapped to size, scale, rotation, particle generation or any visual function.
    I would think if you just EQ'd the track down to mostly vocals, you could pull something of a trigger for each word of lyric you'd want to generate. It would require some time, but so was sorting out how to do this as code or
    just using an App that let you add ref markers
    at different times- like AE or FCP. Maybe this
    is my oldschkool way of approaching this
    task, but I know it's possible.
    I makes me want to take another
    crack at learning Motion,
    but it's pretty taxing on my current
    machine.

    Echo Nest, mentioned in the text
    looks rather dope.Have to explore that
    some more.


Leave a Reply