My Time in Second Life

Author: Ockshun Jockson

I've been reading about Second Life, the online social networking game/tool/economy for the better part of three years now. It always intrigued me, and in fact there was a regular column dedicated to it in the only gaming rag I subscribe to.

But just recently a few of my friends have gotten into it, setting up clubs and promoting their DJ nites and such. They invited me to check it out and so I went for t.

I downloaded the free client, setup an avatar and honestly, it's pretty funky. People purchase virtual land, and then you can sell virtual goods. And get real-world currency in return. Second Life generates more money for its economy than some real-world nations do.

But don't be deterred — it's absolutely free. If you want to pay for a lap dance or buy some land, that's entirely on you. There's tons of free stuff.

Speaking of lap dances, I thought I'd post some pictures of my recent vacation to a red light district in Second Life (click for larger views):


Here's a picture of me flying to my destination. Yes, you can fly. A buddy gave me the flying feather and made it all possible.


Right, then. Here's me looking around at some of the local shops. This one sells "Rubber Pussy". Hmmm...


Here I am getting my groove on in a finer family establishment with some of the employees. Clothing, apparently, entirely optional! They were actually having a dance-off contest. I was a smash hit when I walked in the door.


After a full night of partying, the after party was at some weird Arabian rooftop thing. Here I am getting my (assumed) drunken 2-move dance on.

You guys should check it out. There's a ton of places to explore. And you can make your own objects and shit and essentially do anything you want. It has built-in 3d modeling and texturing programs. It's nuts. Check it out, and give me a holler if you want me to take you around and get you started!

 

5 Responses to “My Time in Second Life”

  1. Gtown Monkey

    WTF are you?
    (your avatar, that is)


  2. Ockshun Jockson

    google "totoro"


  3. Gtown Monkey

    Seems like a suitable adversary
    for the Domokun.
    I would pay mad bill$ to see a
    smack down the likes of that.


  4. Ockshun Jockson

    it's possible in the land of second life. come join, let's make it happen!


  5. cleveland browsie

    hmmm. do people actually make a living on there?


Leave a Reply