FSOL Pt 2 — 5.1 Globular Bursts
Author: Ockshun Jockson
So I went to bleep.com when I got home to see if they had the 4 volume "Arcive" works by Future Sound of London I posted about earlier. And they did at $9.99 a pop (if you havent checked out bleep.com yet, please do: It's a Warp off-shoot but they carry many like-minded labels...and it's Designer Republic designed).
So anyway, browsing the FSOL catalogue, I came across a new album of theirs from this year, something called, A Gigantic Globular Burst of Antistatic.
I googled that bitch, and found a page on the FSOL website:
FSOL have begun exploring working in surround sound. This technology has provided them with the perfect opportunity to revisit and explore the deeper realms and possibilities of the initial seeds of their Lifeforms audio experimentation and has resulted in a specially constructed audio-architecture piece entitled A Gigantic Globular Burst of Anti-Static, commissioned by Kinetica.
There's a video too with the guys in the studio/theatre. 5.1 seems like the next logical step for these guys. I know Brows and G-Town -- we used to talk about similar stuff.
Definitely worth peeping. My boy, by the way, copped the Archive Vol 1 from iTunes earlier today and sent it to me. Shit is mad flavors buttersworth esquire iii. I'm going to cop the other 3 archives now at Bleep.
Anecdotedly, do you guys remember how FSOL had one of the first web presences online? At least that I could recall. Ahead of the game, yo.