Recording the Beatles

Author: cleveland browsie


A book that chronicles the recording processes of the Beatles.
Looks interesting, but $100 is steep.
The site says there is a cheapo version coming...
If we had it at the bookstore it would be as good as gaffled.

 

3 Responses to “Recording the Beatles”

  1. Stitchy McYizzleski

    Some of the cool stuff they go over in the book especially is the studio equipment: mics, dynamics, eqs, consoles, etc. Abbey Road had most of its gear custom made by BBC engineers based off of and improved upon American designs of the time. I think Lenny Kravitz has the Redd37 console from Abbey Road of that circa...

    Run ANYTHING through one of those Telefunken V72 tube preamps and its like gem encrusted gold butter melting in your ear.

    They sound that good.


    I will, most likely, buy this book


  2. doktorbrown

    Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to shell out some cash for this one.


  3. cleveland browsie

    apparently during sgt. pepper they had jack shit for equipment. they were using a 4-track from the 1930's. it took 45 min. just for playback. this is when they started doing speedballs. i recently read the lives of john lennon... so that is where i got my info. anyway, the album is still amazing obviously. seems like abbey road stepped its game up for the subsequent albums judging from the descriptions i was reading in the excerpts from the book.


Leave a Reply